Career Openings in Irvine, CA
Solarflare is the leading provider of application-intelligent networking I/O software and hardware that accelerate, monitor and secure network data, and is the pioneer in high-performance, low-latency 10/40GbE server networking solutions. The company's products are widely used in scale-out server environments such as electronic trading, high performance computing, cloud, virtualization and big data. Solarflare is headquartered in Irvine, California, and operates R&D facilities in Cambridge, UK and New Delhi, India.
Please send your resume with cover letter to [email protected].
Technical Marketing Director
Technical Marketing Director
Solarflare Communications, Inc. seeks a Technical Marketing Director, Financial Services in Irvine, California (and other U.S. locations as needed). Applicants who are interested in this position may apply to www.jobpostingtoday.com, Ref # 2173.
- Develop and manage robust product roadmaps (hardware and software) that clearly articulate and align product development priorities with Solarflare's business objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Solarflare's target market (specifically Financial Services solutions) and the customer needs in this segment.
- Work with others within and outside of the organization to calibrate their competitive positioning relative to these needs and opportunities.
- Own the product roadmap for Financial Services (primarily driver, software, and AOE applications).
- Maintain the company's strategic product plan and vision by working closely with senior management, product marketing, engineering, sales, customer support and finance.
- Manage the entire product life cycle, including planning, the ongoing customer request process, updates/upgrades, end of life, etc.
- Take accountability for the critical tradeoff decisions between functionality, resources and delivery timeframes.
- Identify product directions based on comprehensive competitive benchmarking, develop and execute effective marketing strategies and plans.
- Provide input in establishing the vision and development of Solarflare's Financial Services strategy while partnering with operations and support in the development of accurate forecasts and product development initiatives.
- Monitor industry market trends and competitors and providing intelligence on the competitive landscape and key trends occurring in the industry.
- Play a strong and active role on the leadership team, contributing to all aspects of strategy formation, product requirements definition and business development strategies.
- Create a customer centric vision for the product portfolio.
- Define technology and product roadmaps, detailed product specifications and competitive differentiation for both hardware and software products.
- Optimize the product portfolio, determine core products, product migration and consolidation priorities and cross-product initiatives including product integration.
- Define the customer experience and drive implementation of that experience throughout the development cycle.
- Develop competitive advantage through ongoing research and study of the market while being able to implement a process to help manage the funnel of ideas (applying science to the art of innovation).
- Maintain up to date competitive roadmaps and product trends.
- Drive cross-functional alignment through improved business planning to ensure market, product and development priorities are understood and resources aligned.
Back to Top
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, plus 10 years of experience.
- Experience in product marketing and product management.
- Must have experience with Financial Services IT techniques and applications in hardware and software.
- Experience building product strategies for hardware and software products in the financial services market.
- Experience in creating business plans, meeting revenue profitability goals, and leading multiple projects.
- Experience with the product development process from development to end-of-life cycle.
- Experience in developing customer centric strategy and translating into business results.
- Requires travel to customer sites in the U.S. and internationally. Must also have authority to work permanently in the U.S.