Career Openings in Irvine, CA
Solarflare is the leading provider of application-intelligent networking I/O software and hardware that accelerate, monitor and secure network data, and is the pioneer in high-performance, low-latency 10/40GbE server networking solutions. The company's products are widely used in scale-out server environments such as electronic trading, high performance computing, cloud, virtualization and big data. Solarflare is headquartered in Irvine, California, and operates R&D facilities in Cambridge, UK and New Delhi, India.
Please send resumes with cover letter to [email protected].
Quality and Manufacturing Engineer
ASIC Verification Engineer
Quality and Manufacturing Engineer
Bring your skillset around Quality and Manufacturing Engineering and your strong technical knowledge to a newly created hands-on role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact even as you stretch your skills and grow professionally. As the only Quality and Manufacturing Engineer, you'll have a broad scope with a good deal of latitude to improve ISO processes that are already in place. You'll have plenty of opportunity to learn across the company, helping to expand our processes to a variety of suppliers and playing a key role in our supplier management program. If this sounds like the right mix of challenge and opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
Some of your specific tasks in this role will be to:
- Perform Quality and Manufacturing Engineering duties.
- Perform organizational quality management system audits at supplier's manufacturing facilities.
- Evaluate FAIs for acceptance, perform statistical analysis, evaluate supplier performance, and implement appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Provide manufacturing support of products including failure reporting and root cause analysis.
- Complete statistical process control (SPC) process capability studies and statistical analysis.
- Identify and highlight manufacturability issues during engineering builds to ensure established product quality and yield levels are met at the start of production.
- Provide detailed assessment of design for manufacturability, design for reliability, and design for serviceability.
- Work with UK NPI team to prepare manufacturing sites for NPI readiness.
- Develop and maintain all process documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Analyze proposed engineering changes and report on change feasibility and impact.
- Analyze performance metrics, perform trend analysis, and implement preventative action to preclude non-conformances and customer escapes.
- Conduct problem solving and root cause analysis to support failure investigations initiated to resolve quality problems identified from customer complaints, internal non-conformances, and manufacturing process yields.
- Participate in implementing manufacturing quality engineering functions and projects designed to improve manufacturing processes, product quality, costs, efficiency, and safety.
- Work with Director of Quality to enhance and maintain the quality and environmental management system and continuous process improvements ensuring Solarflare Communications on-going compliance and support of company quality and environmental policy.
- Review inspection criteria for proper sampling plan, inspection techniques, inspection tools, and accuracy of the acceptance criteria.
- Conduct design of experiments (DOE) to identify critical variables in a process and establish design limitations.
- Identify and create trend analysis for key quality performance indicators and NC/CAPA effectiveness monitoring.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve quality system and manufacturing processes.
- Communicate and collaborate with Engineering and Operations to ensure accurate quality requirements flow down to suppliers and for implementing necessary actions to ensure process and product improvements.
Desired Education and Experience:
To be a good fit for the Quality and Manufacturing Engineer opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality and Manufacturing Engineer, or in a related role where you worked with Hardware and Software Engineering design teams and contract manufacturing partners
- Strong knowledge of basic manufacturing processes including SMT, PCB fabrication, and assembly techniques, and product packaging
- Demonstrated experience using test equipment and measurement tools; completing product failure analysis; and engaging in test process automation and optimization
- Extensive ‘hands-on' experience in an electronic test and/or hardware/ software verification environment Quick question for you - click here
- Experience working with contract manufacturers, ideally including experience with manufacturers located in the far East
- Experience with FMEAs to support validation, analysis, and design transfer projects
- A clear understanding of DVT, HALT, and HASA test requirements and how they influence product quality and reliability
- Knowledge of test infrastructure and framework
- Experience implementing and utilizing Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools, such as Agile or Arena, for change control/BOM management
In addition to the above experience, you will also need the following competencies:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project, Access, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following characteristics will also be important:
- A drive to succeed, and the ability to complete your work with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to multitask efficiently, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong detail orientation with the desire to find the correct answer rather than the quick one
- Creativity and the ability to think beyond the obvious
- A strong sense of urgency, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with Mandarin Chinese would be advantageous
You may travel to China a few times per year, and possibly to the UK, to visit our facilities or vendors. You'll also need the flexibility to work outside of normal business hours due to the global nature of the organization.
Required: Cost accountant, BS in Accounting, Standard Cost experience
Desirable: Experienced, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Cost Accountant, strong Excel skills
Maintain all cost accounting records, including Item Master files, Inventory, and oversee all cost accounting activities including:
1) Daily inventory transactions in MDGP of all product movement, receipts and shipments, both onsite and offsite, including
- Component, including subsidized materials and analysis (Asian production facilities)
- NPI, prototype, and pre-production, unreleased material transactions
- Freight, Duty and taxes, including VAT and GST (Landed Cost)
- Domestic and International, owned, consigned, Raw, WIP, and FGI.
- Defective and non-defective returns
2) Oversee and ensure accuracy of data, adequate documentation and process controls, including:
- Month-end close
- Cycle and physical inventory counts; ability to lift 40lb boxes
- General Ledger Cost and Inventory account maintenance
- Maintain Item master records including Bill of Materials (BoMs) and assembly detailed documents within MDGP
- In-transit inventories, Weekly product availability and allocation reporting.
- Reconcile, insure MDGP records agree to customer POS Inventory report data
- Freight, Duty and tax (Landed cost) tracking and assignment
- Calculate royalty expense liabilities where applicable
3) Expanded responsibilities within the activities above include:
- New item set-up: Master file maintenance- work with marketing, engineering and production groups
- New location set-up: International OEM hubs.
- Set standards with input from Dir. of Operations
- Monitor and analyze PPV and other spending variances
- Calculate, analyze and discuss with Corp. Controller and Dir. of Finance Inventory and Warranty reserves and subsequent journal entries
- Analyze all sales, VAT and use tax monthly, assisting auditors' request for support
- Document process for cross-training, ISO and SOX.
ASIC Verification Engineer (Location Irvine or India)
- Candidate will be responsible for high speed ASIC design and verification for Network controller type ASICs. This includes all aspects of ASIC development flow micro-architecture to timing closure.
Back to Top
- 10+ experience in the ASIC and design and verification methodology, with some experience in emulation platforms is a plus.
- Candidate must have working experience of synthesis and timing closure using DC and PTsi.
- Candidate should have a good background in networking protocols like Ethernet and TCP-IP, and PCIE protocols.
- Experience in design using SystemVerilog, C/C++ programming and Perl scripting is a plus.