Openings in Irvine, CA
Please send your resume with a cover letter to [email protected].
Important information for Recruitment Agencies
Please do not submit CVs / Resumes through our email address or directly to our employees unless you are one of our chosen PSL and have been requested to do so for a specific vacancy.
CVs / Resumes that are submitted in this way will not be eligible for any recruitment placement fee and will become the property of Solarflare Communications Limited.
Please also respect our wishes that you DO NOT contact Solarflare line managers directly by email or phone.
Responsible for applying consistent accounting principles and procedures to record and analyze financial information, maintaining the integrity of financial records, provide transparent and accurate financial information to management, and ensuring adherence to appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Hands-on involvement as integral contributor to the full cycle accounting process for four entities including: month end close process, account reconciliations, fixed assets, accruals, deferred revenue, monthly journal entries, and preparing and maintaining supporting documentation.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements and update prior year financials as necessary (post-closing adjustments). Assist in the preparation of monthly board reporting packages and schedules as required for bank reporting.
- Assist in external audits/reviews including, but not limited to preparation of audit schedules, providing support for testing, preparation of financial statements and tie out binder.
- Review AP and AR postings prepared and post transactions to Great Plains.
- Perform cash receipts application and reconcile AR Aging.
- Occasionally print check payments to vendors, as needed.
- Assist with governmental/compliance related audits including but not limited to Revenue Audits, OC property tax, as necessary.
- Preparation of compliance filing documents including but not limited to annual business R&D and innovation survey, BE-120 forms, sales tax forms and franchise taxes.
- Preparation of insurance renewal forms including but not limited to E&O insurance, business general insurance, SBOE environmental fee returns and SOS statement of information.
- Support efforts for system implementations that support the needs of accounting, finance and other departments. Identify opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies.
- Assist in establishing internal controls surrounding the tasks performed.
- Training and supervision of new team members, as necessary.
- Special Projects, as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- General Ledger, MS Excel, Word, and Power point, Financial Statements, Accounting, Finance and general bookkeeping.
- Ability to understand and learn new accounting/processing software – Sales Pad, Concur, Great Plains, Smart List and Bi360 reporting.
- Regularly demonstrate a good level of discretion and independent judgment with respect to accounting functions.
- Plan and execute short-term and long term goals related to department objectives; ability to prioritize based on project deadlines and management requirements.
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information.
- Three to five years of prior Accounting experience.
- Candidate with a minimum of three years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a challenging high growth environment that is constantly changing.
- Extended periods of computer usage.
- Extended periods of sitting.
- Ability to lift 25lbs occasionally.
- ISO IMS training on procedures related to quality and environmental.
- Emergency response plan.
- Accounting pronouncement/Compliance updates.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
For further information or to apply please submit your CV / Resume together with a cover letter to [email protected].