OpenOnload® application acceleration middleware significantly enhances application performance by improving network I/O latency, bandwidth, and message rates, while reducing CPU utilization all with no need to modify applications or change the network infrastructure. Solarflare also offers EnterpriseOnload®, which bundles support and service level agreements with an Open Source software subscription.
OpenOnload Application Accelerator
Solarflare's Onload is a Linux-based, high-performance application accelerator that delivers lower and more predictable latency and higher message rates for TCP and UDP-based networked applications. Onload is ideal for applications that benefit from lower latency (with decreasing jitter) and higher throughput, including financial services, geosciences, biosciences, weather and other HPC applications. A key recent addition to Onload is the TCPDirect library focused on offering applications the lowest possible latency between the application and the network. TCPDirect has its own zero-copy user-space API offering conceptually similar semantics to a subset of the BSD sockets API and so can co-exist with Onload within the same application. Its role is where latency is paramount and a broad TCP/IP feature-set is not required.
NOTE: TCPDirect is only available on the SFN8000-series Onload and Plus adapters.
- TCP and UDP acceleration including multicast
- Lowest application-to-application latency in a fully featured RFC-compliant stack
- Up to 3 million messages per second on a single CPU core
- Binary compatible BSD sockets API
- No application modifications or network upgrades required
- The absolute minimum of latency for applications requiring this feature via the TCPDirect library
- Download Introduction to OpenOnload
- Download OpenOnload Product Brief
- Download TCPDirect White Paper
- Technology Brief: Application Note—OpenOnload 201509
- Technology Brief: Application Note—OpenOnload 201502
Solarflare EnterpriseOnload is an enterprise-class TCP and UDP application acceleration middleware product with bundled service and support suitable for deployment in Fortune 1000 data centers, high-frequency trading applications, and HPC applications.
|Extended Test Cycle||–||•|
|Latest features / technology||•||–|
|Able to raise support tickets||Optional||Included|
For customers that want e-mail or phone support 24x7 for all Solarflare software products, Solarflare offers Enterprise Service and Support (ESS)
- Maximum memcached performance with the Dell PowerEdge R730 and Solarflare technology
- Improving Load Balancer Performance: NGINX Plus Acceleration
- Download Reducing Nginx Web Server Costs with Solarflare OpenOnload and Flareon
- Download Accelerating Video on Demand (VOD) Networks with Solarflare OpenOnload
- Download Improving Altibase Database Performance Solution Brief